Go on.., click the 'win' button, take up a McCarthy-Wood challenge and let mwDIRECT.me take you to your destination!

Long Horse Ride for a Good Cause




Turns out the saying ‘it’s a small world’ is true! Last week I was on a road trip from Moreton Bay in Queensland to Darwin, Northern Territory and back. 

We stopped in many towns and at numerous attractions, with one of those being the artesian fed hot pool just beyond the ‘black stump’. 

As you do when you pull up at one of these places, everyone chats with each other and exchange stories about their road-trip adventures. 

One guy mentioned he was doing his trip from Ocean View, Mt Mee (just down the road from where I live) to Bullo River Station at Timber Creek in the Northern Territory. 

This caught my attention because about six months ago I had interviewed someone on radio doing this. And I couldn’t imagine more than one person taking this on. 

I quizzed him, and yes, this is the guy on the journey we discussed on-air before he had started out. 

And he was up for an interview! Meet Rodger Parker who is riding on horseback about 3225km to raise money for the Prostate Cancer Foundation of Australia and the Royal Flying Doctors Service. Make sure you check out his website brstrailride.com and take a look at this interview.